We regularly publish Letters to the Editor on contemporary issues or direct responses to something the Post has recently published. Please send your letters to [email protected] with “Letter to the Editor” in the subject line.
Please include your address, phone number we can reach you at and your email address.
How to make sure your letters are published? It’s simple — just follow these basic guidelines:
- Keep it short. Your letters will have a better chance of success if you keep them within 1000 words. If you’re writing commentary, pitch an op-ed instead.
- Tell us what we got wrong, but back it up with resources.
- Avoid jargon, use clear words and sentences. Keep in mind you’re communicating with other readers who may not be aware of the subject.
- We welcome witty letters. But please don’t go overboard.
- Avoid abuse and diatribes.